What are the available tools providing technical and financial support for local action in building renovations? What can we learn from European and Canadian municipalities’ experience and what do they need to reach their climate goals?
The third of the Canada-EU series on energy efficiency and buildings, this webinar on local action will be the most interactive yet.
- Discover successful local initiatives across European and Canadian local authorities, from tracking climate goals to creating local incentive programmes, and training experts to execute energy efficiency measures.
- Learn how to access available technical and financial assistance tools supporting local actions for building renovations.
- Meet and engage in a dialogue with experts from across Europe and Canada in breakout groups about local priorities, tools, and needs to reach the climate goals.
Welcome, housekeeping and agenda: Oliver Rapf, BPIE
Opening remarks: TBD, Covenant of Mayors
Session 1: Tools supporting local action from Europe and Canada
- European Local ENergy Assistance (ELENA), programme results and best practices for local energy efficiency projects – Louise White, European Investment Bank
- Strategies and tools to scale up energy efficiency projects in cities, TBD, Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) – Yi Liu, Senior Manager, Sector Development – Green Municipal Fund, and Kate Fleming, Program Director, Low Carbon Cities Canada (LC3) -Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- Q&A with experts
Session 2: Interactive breakout sessions with leading cities
- Participants will be broken into smaller breakout groups to foster maximum stakeholder participation, networking, and learning. Small group discussions will be moderated by leading European and Canadian cities, including Toronto (CA), Edmonton (CA), and Lille (FR).
- Interactive wrap-up from discussions
Closing remarks: TBD