Historic amounts of funding will be made available through the EU budget (RRF and MFF), and the main buildings-related legislation (EED and EPBD) will be strengthened to deliver on the Renovation Wave goals. Unfortunately, the crucial role of Technical Assistance in delivering renovation schemes is still vastly underestimated.
Technical assistance or capacity building will be crucial in transforming EU objectives into tangible renovation schemes on the ground, and could significantly improve the absorption rates of EU funding across the Member States. It will also be essential in ensuring that renovations schemes are made accessible for the vulnerable.
Technical Assistance: the Wealth-enabler for Buildings webinar on 28 September, co-organised by Renovate Europe, FEDARENE and Energy Cities will be the opportunity to better understand the importance of technical assistance, through learnings from ongoing programmes but also through examples of funding opportunities, so renovation schemes can deliver better results for citizens, businesses, and the environment.
10:30 | Opening remarks: Why technical support is key in driving energy renovations: Brook Riley, Vice-Chair Renovate Europe (moderator)
10:35 | Learnings from the MFF: How and why to prioritise Technical Assistance in rolling out renovation schemes: Mathieu Fichter, DG REGIO
10:45 | Applying for EU Technical Support to implement the Renovation Wave
– Technical Support from DG REFORM: Kaspar Richter, DG REFORM
– European City Facility: Stimulating local investments in the energy transition: Mariangela Luceri, FEDARENE
11:05 | Q&A session
11:15 | Making Technical Assistance available at National, Regional and Local level
– The contribution of the French Caisse des Dépôts Climate Plan for a Green Recovery and the importance of local technical assistance for building renovation: (name TBC), Banque des Territoires, Caisse des Dépôts Group
– The key role of Technical Assistance in the context of the EPBD revision: Jessica Glicker, BPIE
11:35 | Q&A session
11:45 | Wrap-up by Moderator
* Short videos showcasing best practices will be shown throughout the webinar.