CRETE VALLEY is envisioned as a decentralised renewable energy system that combines leading-edge ICT technologies, interoperable and open digital solutions (including data sovereignty), social innovation processes, and sound business models that are easy to adopt.
The project will demonstrate a digitalised, distributed, renewable, low carbon landscape that is affordable for all and fully covers the local energy needs on an annual basis, utilizing multiple renewable energy carriers and leveraging energy storage technologies.
The REV-Lab will integrate four Community Energy Labs (CELs) located in distinct sites across CRETE
VALLEY, conceived as Innovation Hubs.
An integrated social, technological & business approach will be deployed, providing:
- A Social Science Framework for REV-Labs & CELs, innovative multi-level governance models & social-driven mechanisms for involving citizens in the co-design, implementation and exploitation of RES;
- AI-based market segmentation algorithms, MCDA methods and consensus analysis for REV configuration;
- Interactive tools for REV planning (REV Readiness Assessment & computation, Augmented Reality applications, decision support tool);
- Energy Data Space compliant digital backbone for consumer and REV-level data-driven ‘activation’;
- P2P DLT/Blockchain digital marketplace for tokenised energy and non-energy assets valuation and reciprocal compensation;
- Data-driven operational analysis, advanced AI/ML tools and flexibility modelling services for optimal operation & resilience of the local energy grid;
- Twin for multiple carrier grid management & operation;
- Data-driven services and apps for energy efficiency and activation performance management towards energy autonomy;
- Enabling RES technologies to increase the power production;
- REV Business Sandbox and blueprints for REV-Lab setup, upscaling and replication (including 4 Follower Communities).