Hans Gulliksson, Sweden
→ A frontrunner on sustainable energy issues in his region
Mr Hans Gulliksson is the founder and former managing director of the regional Energy Agency for Southeast Sweden. He supported the region of Southeast Sweden to be a forerunner in the development of the process of decreasing the usage of fossil fuel and increasing the usage of renewable energy sources.
Mr Gulliksson was an important player who started to lobby for RES and more rational use of energy at a very early stage
- He created Miljoresurs Linne : non-profit organisation for sustainable development
- He created Bioenergigruppen i Vaxjo AB: organisation for R&D for improvement of biofuel heating plants, business development, emission reduction and particles impact on health
- Between 1999 and 2014, Mr Gulliksson created and managed the regional energy agency, contributing to speed up the sustainable development in the region
- Within the frame of the Agency, Mr Gulliksson’s engagement has reached out in Europe through a large number of European projects
- He supported public authorities and politicians towards a sustainable development
- He supported various technical projects: district heating plants, research on energy efficiency in larger industries in collaboration with universities, support of the local energy advising service and the everyday habits of energy usage…
- Mr Gulliksson lead initiatives of awareness raising of citizens, using networking and communication
- Mr Gulliksson has been a forerunner also in the field of mobility and transports
Mr Gulliksson has been involved very early in matters of sustainable energy, which shows his vocation in these issues. He was already there when the topic was neglected by public authorities, and he kept lobbying until retirement. His involvement shows true devotion and has allowed his territory to follow his path as a pioneer in sustainable energy development, and example to follow in the matter in Europe.