The Basque Energy Board, EVE, was created by Decree No. 81/1982 on 5 April as a Public Limited Company. Since it’s creation EVE has been responsible for implementing the Energy policy of the Basque Government. Currently the EVE Group Staff is constituted of 304 members.
The EVE Group provides services in the areas of:
1. Energy Efficiency in the Industrial, Transport and Residential and Services sectors.
2. Renewable energy (solar thermal and photovoltaic, wind, landfill biogas, small hydro, biomass, etc.).
3. Energy planning
4. Natural gas Infrastructure and Distribution
5. Exploration for hydrocarbons
6. Hydro-geology and mining
7. Quality, human resources and business organisation
The EVE Group’s activities are concentrated in the Basque Country, although since 1989 the company has extended its operations to cover specific projects in various countries in the European Union, Central and Eastern Europe and Latin America.
EVE is in constant contact with the economic world of the Basque Country and its clients include leading Basque companies, state bodies and professional organisations. Internationally, EVE’s most important clients are the European Commission – through its Directorates General for Energy and External Relations – and multilateral banks. EVE habitually works in consortium with local consultancy and engineering firms and others from the European Union.